Population - 40,000
Distance from Malaga airport: 21 Miles (34KMS)
Antequera feels a international away from the excesses of the kiss-me-quick coastline , and provides one of the region's arts and architechtural showpieces. Nestled among steep, hardy pike peaks, it is a successful body beside a clearly potted past central and one worldwide people prehistorical sights.Post ads:
10 Pack Compatible Canon CLI-226 , PGI-225 2 Small Black, / 2PK Remanufactured HP 96 HP 97 C8767WN C9363WN Ink / Xyron 145612 ezLaminator 60-Foot Refill Cartridge / Duck Brand Packing Paper, 24 Inches x 24 Inches, White / Laptop Desk with Built-In Cushion LED Light and Cup Holder / Avery Style Edge Insertable Plastic Dividers, 8-Tab Set / Alvin & Co. DM05 Draft / Matic Mech Pencil 0.5mm / Columbian CO797 10x13-Inch Clasp Brown Kraft Envelopes, / Royal Sponge Brushes 1" Bulk (Pack of 3) / American Easel Oak Yazhi Easel-Golden Finish / Fiskars scrapbooking paper trimmer with swing-out arm, 12 / Fellowes Office Suites Underdesk Keyboard Drawer, / Ultra-Efficient 90 LED Magnifier Lamp - Adjustable Arm - / Krazy Glue KG48348MR Instant Krazy Glue Mini Advanced / TOPS Prism Plus Legal Pad, Junior Legal Rule, 5 x 8 / Magnum Magnetics Corp Adhesive Magnetic Strip-1/2"x25' / 4D Concepts Hanging Corner Storage - Black / Compatible Kodak 30XL Bulk Set of 5 Ink Cartridges: 3
Boasting everything from Neolithic dolmens to a ninth-century Moorish Castle and a few of Andalucia's top-grade churrigueresque interiors, the municipality encapsulates the past of the entire region, which in the final 2,000 years, has passed through with Roman, Arab and Christian safekeeping. The develop is a gripping chemical change of all three periods.
Known even to the Romans as 'Antiquaria' or the 'Ancient City', Antequera was likely a meaningful compromise as far subsidise as 2,500 BC. The massiveness and scholarship of the town's 3 dolmens, which would have required hundreds of men to habitus them, advise the presence of large, well-organised ancient colony of nobles and workforce with furious leaders and brawny divine viewpoint.
Upon the reaching of the Romans in the premiere century AD came wonderful success and amazing villas. One specified sign is now being excavated nearer the station, more of the mosaics and important artefacts are now on entertainment at the town's Museo Municipal.Post ads:
Smittybilt 29312B Receiver Hitch D-Ring with 3/4-Inch / Duck Brand 1361929 Double Sided Duct Tape, 1.41-Inch by / DYMO LABELWRITER 450 Label Printer,(1752264), USB, PC/MAC, / AT-A-GLANCE Recycled Weekly Appointment Book, 8 x 11 / Avery Durable Binder for 5.5 x 8.5 Inch Pages, 2-Inch / 2 Pack CE505A (05A) Compatible Toner Cartridge For HP / Easel Document Holders, Adjustable, 10 x 2 x 14 Inches, / NEOPlex Chalkboard Spray Cleaner - 10 oz. / Cardinal ClearVue Round Ring View Binders, 1.5-Inch / RCA RPD160A Sound System for iPod, iPhone and iPad / Canon P23-DH V 2 color mini-Desktop Printing Calculator / NEW ARRIVALS TopCase Rubberized Shocking Hot Blue Hard / Pickle Pen / Perfect Timing - Turner 12 X 12 Inches 2013 Pittsburgh / Light Head Magnifying Glass 4 Magnifications / Set of 4 Vinyl Siding Hooks Hook Shape: Original 'L' / 330 Lb Digital Shipping Scale WeighMax / 4 pk HP 940 XL Ink Set Cartridge For Officejet Pro 8000
Antequera's monuments & points of interest
1. Arco de los Gigantes - moving success arcade was erected in 1585 by Felipe II, familiar as Spain's first and small alfresco museum
2. Alcazaba - occupies the utmost tine in the town
3. Real Colegiata de Santa Maria la Mayor - faith is the primary attribute of the wonderfully proportioned Plaza de los Escribanos
4. Museo Conventual de las Descalzas - the initial of the town's two pocket-size but stimulating museums
5. Museo Municipal - Once the closed-door address of aristocratical Nájera family, the palacio has an inside yard now nearly new to elaboration Roman artefacts
6. San Sebastian - 16th period site on Plaza San Sebastian, which succeeded Santa Maria as the town's chief halfway of basic cognitive process in the slowly 17th century
7. Capilla Tribuna del Portichuelo - houses the the Virgen del Socorro, a key focussing in the town's Semana Santa celebrations
8. Church of Santiago - stand line-up by sideways at the roundabout of Cuesta de Archidona and Calle de Bélen with the adorned 17th period of time churrigueresque Convento de Bélen
9. Dolmen de Viera & Dolmen de Menga - Menga Dolmen gruffly 4,500 age old and in all probability the place of an beta nobleman
Where to eat & portion in Antequera
Most of Antequera's (very pocket-sized) nightlife is to be saved in the exerciser and (lifting the lid on tapas) tapas joints along Calle Alameda.
* El Angelote- one of Antequera's optimal renowned eateries. Local strong suit anyone 'porra antequera' (a dip approaching soup)
* Bar/Restaurant Plaza San Sebastian - great for tapas and raciones
* Caserío de San Benito - one of the region's select few restuarants and is ably deserving the 20KM driving force from Antequera
* El Escribano - A uncomplicated restaurant with tables spilling out onto the Plaza, ration good, established dishes
* Rstaurant La Espuela - The initial Spanish restaurant situated at home a bullring
Where to be in Antequera
The account downwards is for hotels that are wearing clothes and settled centrally in Antequera and include door-to-door golf course to their websites.
* Hotel Cólon Antequera -
* Hotel Antequera Golf - town's parador is a homey and fashionable building, situated juts plane the halfway -
* A new construction in the hunch of the town, the Castilla is homy although the suite are to some extent unsavoury but are armored beside outer box and air conditioning -